Re: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??

Subject: Re: [OM] Trade half of my equipment for one lens??
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:06:35 PDT
Frieder, I'd suggest taking a few days to make such a decision. You might regret sacrificing that much equipment for a single lens. Maybe in a few days the desire to trade won't seem quite so urgent.

My personal rule is to pounce on any obvious bargain but walk away from any purchase or trade that involves either a lot of money or trading a lot of useful items I already own. If the trade or purchase still seems like a good idea in a few days or even a couple of weeks, then I'll go ahead.

Most of the time I realize I'm actually satisfied with what I have and decide not to buy or trade. And, sure, occasionally someone else will buy the item I was considering. But that's the thrill of the hunt.
---
Lex