Re: [OM] Lens Test update

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Test update
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:15:34 -0400
Hi,

On my saga of the purchase of a 50mm f1.4 lens over a 1,000,000 serial number.

As I mentioned, the serial number of the 2nd 50 f1.4 lens I won on ebay was
1,080,540 where the seller told me the multicoat reflections were
rose-pinkish, not the newer green reflections as I had hoped. It was then
pointed out that the newer lenses came out slightly past 1,000,000.

Well, I just got the lens here, and it DOES have the expected green
reflections, similar to my 100mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, & 28mm f2.8. So he was
wrong, fortunately for me.

These reflections are, of course, different than the OTHER 50mm f1.4
multicoated lens that I got off ebay with a serial# of 85x,xxx, where the
reflections ARE rose-pinkish.

Anyway.....,
Larry