Re: [OM] Lens Test update

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Test update
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:03:13 EDT
>These reflections are, of course, different than the OTHER 50mm f1.4
>multicoated lens that I got off ebay with a serial# of 85x,xxx, where
the
>reflections ARE rose-pinkish.

Well, to really test the effectiveness of whatever kind of coating you
have, take both lenses, mounted on cameras, and point them at a bright
light source. Place the light source in one of the corners of the frame
and count the reflections that you see in the viewfinder. The SC one
should have several, and at least a couple of them should be pink/rose
color. To add to your information, take a typical UV filter, and while
looking through the camera at the bright light source, screw and
unscrew the filter from the lens. You should see a further reflection
and it should "wobble" as you turn the filter.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright