RE: [OM] Re: Strappage

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Strappage
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:01:41 -0500
Zuiks,

There's something that I'm just not getting - a common occurrence in that
I'm not too bright...

WHY are there so many cameras in the world with minor to major brassing
around the strap lugs when the ability to prevent this comes with every
strap?  I'm talking about the little leather pad that is strung on the lug
ring of the strap -- properly installed, this little guy is wonderful at
preventing the metal-to-metal contact between the strap ring and the camera,
therefore preventing brassing.

I've got my  black -1n from the early 80's and a -2s from the mid-90's that
have NO brassing from the strap rings, despite extensive use, lugging about,
etc.  Tripod mount scratches are another matter, however... <g>

BTW -- I use the 1" wide Domke straps exclusively.  The rubber woven into
'em keeps them from slipping, but they're not so big/bulky/wide so as to
make me hate 'em when I'm trying to shoot something.

Dave