Re: [OM] 135mm lens...what to buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] 135mm lens...what to buy?
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:18:53 +0100
Evan (Tarka69@xxxxxxx) wrote:

>I am looking for a 135mm lens to compliment my 50mm and my 28mm.  I'm also
>curious about using it coupled with the 50mm for doing macro work...

I like my chrome-nose 135/f3.5 Zuiko SC although I don't use anything longer
than 70mm normally. I enjoyed a day when I took out just the 135 on an OM-1
and the b&w prints were refreshingly different from my usual output. It's
small & light, takes 49mm filters, which makes it easy to couple to a
50mm/f1.8 for macro use, and you can't lose the lens hood!

I know it's looked down upon by other (wealthier) members of the list who
have a better regard for the f2.8 MC version, which is bigger, heavier and
takes 55mm filters, but I haven't used one so can't comment.

The f3.5 sells for 32 - 39 UKP in the UK, and the f2.8 for about twice that.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx