Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents

Subject: Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:05:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/00 1:24:52 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I've found some cameras and film to be remarkably resistant to baking.  I
often leave an old Canon 35AF P&S or an XA-3 in the glove compartment loaded
with some kinda 400 color print film. Even after a year the pix look fine.
Mostly these pix are to remind me to  revisit a site to shoot with the good
stuff. >>

One way to hold down on the heat problem is to purchase a small, cheap
styrofoam cooler and keep it in the trunk. Get one about the size for a
six-pack of Pepsi. Keep the camera and film in that. (No, get a second one
for your iced refreshment!) It won't prevent all heat build-up, but it will
reduce it considerably. I haven't noticed any problems with the gear I keep
(only when I'm out shooting pics) in my trunk in an aluminum foam-lined
equipment case. Of course a camera in the trunk is not as handy as one in the
glove compartment. But - hey --that's why they make pocket sized point and
shoot cameras.  <g>

Robert