Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents

Subject: Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:03:54 -0700
 > >A friend recently showed me what happens when you do that to a Canon
 28-205 IS Zoom. $500+ dollars, down the drain -- the lens literally
 broke in half!<

I assume he was talking about the Canon 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM.

No, I distinctly remember seeing 28 to 200-something on the rear-half of the lens (the half in her RIGHT hand... :-) It might not have been exactly 205 on the high end. I looked around a bit for the aperture, but it wasn't prominently displayed on the lens.

To one used to seeing a lot of beat-up looking, but basically integral lenses (my collection :-), I'll tell you -- seeing a lens in two halves was a shocking sight!

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>