Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents

Subject: Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:21:06 PDT
Jan Steinman:
A friend recently showed me what happens when you do that to a Canon
28-205 IS Zoom. $500+ dollars, down the drain -- the lens literally
broke in half!<

That's one thing hindering me from investing in AF gear. Unless I could afford Canon's L-series glass there didn't seem to be any point. The L-glass is shrouded in tanklike armor that can take a licking. Everything else in the Canon line, as well as Sigma's, et al, seem pretty fragile by comparison.

Heck, even Olympus's failed AF system included lenses that were built like they were intended to stop bullets. I've been tempted to try an OM-77 or -88 just on the basis of the lenses alone.

Lex