Re: [OM] 135mm lens...what to buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] 135mm lens...what to buy?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:42:09 PDT
Hey, Tom, great minds think alike. I've already been using the 135mm Lentar as a pseudo-macro in conjunction with a homebrewed extension tube (formerly a 2x teleconverter, with the mediocre optics tossed). I'm hunting around for a cheap 1.5x teleconverter to sub for an extension tube, since pawn shops often carry Brand X crummy teleconverters they're willing to part with for five bucks or so. I did find a Kiron 1.5x teleconverter, but it's too good to cannibalize.

The photo of a colorized Monarch butterfly on my portion of the Photoscene domain was taken with that Lentar and extension tube. Very handy combo with my Canon T70 which lacks DOF preview. (Sorry, folks, no OM-specific content here yet. But I *am* looking for a cheapo teleconverter for the OM, if that counts.)

Lex

So add a 7mm or 12mm extension tube. Doesn't even have to be auto!

Tom<