Re: [OM] Photo quality printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo quality printer
From: "Omer Nezih Gerek" <ongerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:20:26 +0300
Money is indeed an issue, but if you ever consider something even better than
minilab print,
there is FUJI pictography 3000. My pictures just look better on those prints
than A4 size professional
lab prints. I do not have the slightest idea about the price of printer, but
the paper (actually a
polaroid-type photo-print paper) costs $10/page. Reproduces exactly as a photo
print, with better
color fidelity. Nothing comparable to laserjets or inkjets which all put
"dots", no matter how dense.
This is the real thing.

OMer

    Hello Everyone,
    I've been considering going to a "digital darkroom" for color work.  When I
got a new computer recently, I got one with enough memory, just in case.  Now
my printer has died, and I'd like to get a really good photo quality
replacement.  I've read hype on Canon, Epson, and HP (can't remember the model
#'s).   If anyone has a strong opinion on which printer does the best job, I'd
appreciate hearing from you.  Since money is an issue, I guess I'm looking for
the best bang for the buck.  Once I take this step, I'll have a scanner and the
software to go.
    Regards,
    John Pendley