RE: [OM] photo printers

Subject: RE: [OM] photo printers
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:54:07 -0600
I have an HP Photo Smart printer. The original Photo Smart Photo Printer
model not the new P1100 model. The results from my  printer are very
very good. It is an ink jet based printer capable of producing 2400x1200
dpi prints.  It is not intended to be used as a general purpose printer.
It is SLOW. However, according to HP the P1100 spits out 10ppm in color,
12ppp B/W. HP's software "enhanced color technology" uses four colors,
layered to produce the image. I bet the ppm goes way down in photo
quality mode (2400x1200).  I would take a look at this printer. And if
you like it, wait a couple of months for the price to drop.
BTW - Epson has dropped the price of the 740 model close to $100 (US)
here.

Scanners:
 I cannot recommend the HP Photo Smart scanners. Any model. They could
be a lot better.
 I have issues with my Photo Smart scanner (original SCSI model). The
results I seen with the S20 don't seem to be much better.

Charles Packard - Birmingham, Alabama USA