Re: [OM] photo printers

Subject: Re: [OM] photo printers
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:21:01 -0800 (PST)
If you do go for an inkjet, do use both color and B/W printing
occasionally to prevent the heads from drying up, and do wait a few
seconds AFTER a printjob to switch it off, using the SWITCH on the
printer...else sometimes the head doesn't return to it's base, where
there's a pad of some sort held up against it to prevent the ink from
drying/clogging whatever. If there is someway to check ink levels, that's
a big plus! Had the experience of running out in the middle...

This holds true for my HP895Cxi, and probably for any other inkjet as
well. Its successor, the 970Cxi looks pretty darn good, as do the
PhotoSmart printers. If you have any questions on the 895, let 'em rip!

I think you're looking for something high res, but printed on photo paper,
either of the above will output "prints" that you'd be hard pressed to
tell if they came from a printer or not at casual viewing distance.

/Acer V
--
Coming soon to a browser near you: The Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash,
now frames-enriched at no extra-charge!