Re: [OM] TRI-X or T-MAX 400

Subject: Re: [OM] TRI-X or T-MAX 400
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:21:09 -0500
John P.
We have the same initials!  To change the course of this thread a bit, I'd like
to deal with a
more basic question.  All my serious photography has been in B&W, and some
years ago.  I burned
out, then slowly crept back in using color, since I no longer had a darkroom.
I shot color neg
material.  The I started shooting Velvia, etc. fairly recently.  My impression
is that Cibas
made from transparencies are far better than anything I ever got from any print
film.  Pricey,
though.  Actually, I did experiment a little with Ciba when I had my darkroom,
so I know I
could do it again.  Do you agree that Cibas are the best color prints?
John Pendley