Re: [OM] B/W films....

Subject: Re: [OM] B/W films....
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:14:52 +0100
Hi all!

I've spent the past years using mainly T-Max 400. Why? Got a great package
deal on it once...
But, seriously, one can't make a mistake with it! I've had my timer stop -
whoops are we at 2 mins or 5?, had the water cut off whilst I was
developing (an extra minute or two in the developper then straight in with
the fix), dunked it in fix before developper (weird smell, hmmm...). And
with the extra stop (dev in T-Max, 400/800 has same time) you just can't go
wrong.
An added bonus is that I can develop my Kodak HIE with it - same time &
temperature... and TMY is easy to dev into slides, too.

For 100 I have finally got the knack of T-Max 100, although I used to use
anything from Kodak to Ilford earlier. At the other end of the scale,
Neopan 1600.

I've also done some playing around with AgfaOrtho. A fun film!

I re-tested APX 400 a couple of months ago (haven't used it in ten years or
so) - and when squeegeeing off excess water after the rinse, I managed to
squeegee off most of the emulsion as well. Didn't realise what the black
stuff was until it was pretty much too late. (interesting effects on the
few images I managed to save, though). This only happened on one of the two
films - I called Agfa to complain, they'd never heard it happen before, but
sent me two new APX 400 instead.

Siri.

po box 9024 gronland, n-0133 oslo mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010
4635 fax: +47 9030 6420
"argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours" ... r. bach