Re: [OM] B/W films....

Subject: Re: [OM] B/W films....
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:21:34 +0100
Hello Thomas,

Although my current colour to B&W ratio is approaching 1, I still
do a good deal of B&W.

Mostly I use TMAX 400, processed in ID11. When light conditions are
good I pick a roll of TMAX 100 instead. Both work very well for me.
Back in the old days I used to use HP5 (and HP4 before that) and FP4.
All these films can deliver fine results, but IMO the TMAX films
have an advantage in grain size. The classic Ilford films may have
a slightly better (very subjective) tonal range. Anyway I tend to
prefer the TMAX films.

Recently I tried an interesting combination: TMAX 3200 developed
in Rodinal. The pictures get a very distinct style from the very
coarse grain. 3200 must be the number of individual grain particles
in the negative, I think.

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://home.worldonline.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"