Re: [OM] B/W films....

Subject: Re: [OM] B/W films....
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:43:34 -0600
I'm not a pro or semi-pro, just an amateur photographer. I haven't done too
much BW
since I moved into an apartment where my darkroom also doubles as a kitchen and
laundry room, But when I was shooting more B&W I use Kodak Tri-X for low-light
and
action photography. It has good grain characteristics and is very forgiving when
pushed. For everyday use (general shooting) I favor AGFA APX-100 very good grain
and the negatives are more dense and contrasty than the Tri-X. My favorite film
of
all time was Kodak's PanF ? (32 ASA) incredible film! But it  was discontinued
10+
years ago. Albeit it is slow, but its extra fine grain and latitude was and IMHO
still is unmatched. I have tried AGFA APX-25 but not enough to make any
judgments.

>>Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
<< snip >>
>>Seriously, though, I was wondering what black and white films you
fellowzuikoholics >>use - and for what and why.
<<snip>>