Re: [OM] 70-210?

Subject: Re: [OM] 70-210?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:35:10 -0500
The Tamron 80-200/2.8 is still available and is readily available from Ebay and such. It's one of my best lenses and built like a tank

Skip

At 1/18/00 01:35 PM  +0100, you wrote:
: > How much does that non-flimsy ATX weigh? cost?
:
: > I have used the Tokina ATX 70-200 f2.8 for several years and have been
: > > very pleased.  Give it a look.  Good luck.
:
: I have never weighed it, but it is longer than but about the same weight as
: a Zuiko 300mm f4.5.  I think I payed about $700 for it new, but I am sure
: you can find it used for a fraction of that.  Also, it may be discontinued,

This Tokina is a 80-200mm lens, it weighs 1090g., and unfortunately the manual
focus version is discontinued - the AF version still exists as ATX-PRO. If an
OM-mounted version of this lens ever crosses your path, it should be acquired
immediately ;) The lens has a nice bonus: the Olympus 1.4xA fits.

H@nz