[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1362

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1362
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:13:55 -0600
Brian/Sam,

I'll second the comment on the Yamaha 6x4x16 drive.  My SCSI version of this
drive, coupled to an Adaptec controller, hasn't made a coaster yet (at least,
through any fault of its own...)

regards,

m.
------------------------------
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [OM] ADVICE ON CD BURNER/RECORDER
<snip>
In my previous job we purchased a Yamaha 4x6 writer (at a time when such
things still weren't two-a-penny) for use on a Sun workstation and it
always gave sterling service through fairly heavy use. I don't recall it
ever making a coaster.

On the strength of this, earlier this year I bought a Yamaha 4x4x16 SCSI
drive
which has worked perfectly, as has the supplied Adaptec software. A friend
has had a similar experience with his more recent 6x4x16. The newest Yamaha
drive is 8x4x24.

I'm sure there are plenty of equally good drives about, but this is my
experience.

- -Brian