Re: [OM] OM Photos for your critique

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Photos for your critique
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:24:38 EST

>Finally my question is this:
>AM I THE ONLY ONE ASKING HOW MUCH ONE CAN EDIT AN IMAGE, BEFORE IT'S
TIME TO
>TELL THE BEHOLDER?
>Am I the only one noticing this in Ron's images?

yes, you are so far.

>Any thoughts?

Besides trying to start a flame war???

Based on my limited experience with digitizing negatives, the
unmanipulated results don't look very good compared to the prints. All
of the images on my web site were manipulated to look more like the
prints. The original jpeg files looked very washed out, but this may
have been a function of the fact that I paid a photo store to scan them
for me, I don't really know. Since everyone's monitors are different, I
don't see what difference it makes to manipulate images in digital
form.

Speaking of ethics, it's usually considered impolite to yell at people
and to provide unconstructive criticism.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright