Re: [OM] the future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] the future of OM
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:48:55 -0500
You know, I hadn't though of that scenario. It makes perfect sense though. What better way to stretch the existing stock you have (which has a high manufacturing cost) that to raise the price.

But to be honest, I really don't care. Olympus effectively killed the OM system several years ago, just trickling in items (like the OM-2000 and new 3rd party lenses) enough to keep a low level of interest alive. I continue to use the equipment and enjoy the proliferation of used equipment in Mint- shape that continues to flow on to the market. Why should I buy new?

If I was to replace my OM system, I'd probably go to Canon-L or Leica or Zeiss-Contax, which would necessitate at least $15-20,000 in outlay, not counting all the do-dads like the flash system, macro system, etc, etc. I really don't want to do that, it's not worth it. I get better images than 990f the people that I see, and the other 10f the images I can live without.

Skip I'm-a-dinosaur-and-proud-of-it Williams