Re: [OM] the future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] the future of OM
From: "Babis E. Mavridis" <mavridis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:31:01 +0200
> NOTHING lasts forever. But I still believe the OM System will have a
longer life
> than almost any other platform you can think of.
> Those modern auto-everything 35mm SLRs hang their user-appeal mainly on
the
> latest chip technology. And we know how fast computer chips become
obsolete.

I agree with all that.
OM camera needs some small improvements but the fact is that is almost
*PERFECT* as a camera and this enough to make it keep for many years as it
is.

I believe that only if Olympus have a new "boss" that don't understand the
value of this camera maybe Olympus stop producing it. But if the new "boss"
and strategy of Olympus see that OM system is the only one that can handle
throw the years then maybe Olympus OM never end. It's not only from us what
happened with OM system but is depends a lot from Olympus.

My idea to make the OM system up on the market again is a "photographic
digital back" with great quality so we can put it on our OM camera and start
taking digital photos. And because Olympus have all ready too many digital
cameras I think they have the technology to make it and I hope that they
will.

Have a nice dOMy
Babis Mavridis