Re: [OM] Film scanner on the cheap?

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanner on the cheap?
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:31:27 -0400

> > I think the reason to do this would be not only price but quality.  > >You
> > could get a resolution much higher than even a fairly expensive   >
> > >dedicated commercial film scanner.

I don't think an image projected onto a ground glass platten would give
the range of tones you get with a film scanner.

If this idea works something like rear projection, then wouldn't you
also need an oblique scanning or projection angle to avoid simply
recording the white flare of the projection bulb?

Morgan Sparks