Re: [OM] NiMH Batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] NiMH Batteries
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:12:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Frank van Lindert wrote:
> Alkaline AA cells cost usually only $0.40 each when bought per dozen.

  My travails with Nicads began with a 2nd hand Strobonar I bought eons
ago, then it progressed to the 283's. Somewhere along the line, it
became obvious to me that while Jan's cost analysis is right, Nicads
and I do not get along. Something analogous to Forrest Gump's box-a
chocolates...which is why I gleefully commit eco-sins and use fresh
alkalines: Because I KNOW what I'm going to get.
Besides, as everybody knows, electricity is a mysterious, magical force
not to be trusted. Sheesh.  :-)

                                     *= Doris Fang =*

  Ahhh, at times like these I miss William S...