Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:59:58 EST
Peter:

> Can you remember the subject line--so we can easily find it in the archives?

As usual, the subject lines varied.  Just try a content search on: film
reflectance.

Here is what I had to say on this:

>Caution here.  I've been admonished that they might be variation between
>manufacturing runs.
>
>Technique: Spot metering off freshly exposed to light film surface while film
>was adjacent to a grey card - which I also read with the angle of metering
>unchanged between the two.
>
>Results:
>Grey card: f/5,6.9
>Kodak Gold 100 f/5,6.2
>Sensia II 200 f/5,6.2
>Agfa RSX 50 f/5,6.3
>Kodak Elite II 100 f/5,6.4
>T Max 100 f/8,0.3
>Agfacolor HDC 100 f/8,0.3
>Kodak Gold 800 f/8,0.5
>Kodak Gold 200 f/8,0.0
>Kodak Gold 400 f/8,0.1
>Agfa Scala f/8,0.7
>Fuji Velvia f/5,6.7
>Kodak Royal Gold 25 f/8,0.2
>
>Note the use of the comma replacement for the decimal in the f stop AND the
>use of a decimal for tenths of a stop.
>
>I'll admit that grey cards age, but it doesn't explain away the difference.

My spot meter displays 1/10 stops, so,
Grey card: f/5,6.9 versus Kodak Gold 100 f/5,6.2
means that there was a 0.7 stop difference betwen the two.

I distinct remember all these years that the OM shutter curtain pattern was
designed to be 18% reflectance.  I'll try and find a primary reference to that
knowledge.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV