Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:38:02 EST
Roger writes:

> I notice that the shutter curtain on my recently acquired OM4Ti has the
>  characteristic random checkerboard pattern indicative of off-the-curtain
>  exposure measurement. I was under the (obviously mistaken!) impression that
>  when the OM4Ti is not using spot metering, it uses off-the-film exposure
>  measurement. So, can anyone tell me under what circumstances the OM4Ti
>  measures light off the shutter curtain?

The camera can't meter off the film when the shutter is closed, nor can it
meter off a black curtain, hence the pattern.  The percentage of metering that
is being done off the shutter curtain and off the film is dependent on the
shutter speed, since automatic exposure metering is taking place while the
camera is shooting.  Spot readings aren't off the film or the curtain - they
are taken by a piggy back mirror mechanism.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV