Re: [OM] How cool could that be?

Subject: Re: [OM] How cool could that be?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:09:13 GMT
On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:22:34 -0600, "Paul D. Farrar"
<farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 01:03 AM 2/15/99 +0000, you wrote:
>>How cool could it be if Olympus would
>>flatten out the Pearl Corder and
>>offer it as a data back for the OM-[1-4].?
>>
>>Ed Cheng (losing a great business idea...)
>
>The new digital one that records on flash memory cards? Minolta's new
>databack uses those cards to store data. Many digital cameras allow short
>bits of sound to be recorded with each picture. I don't know if the Minolta
>allows it, but having both exposure data and digitized sound would not be
>hard to implement.
>
>Paul Farrar

You remind me of a very strange thing, Paul.

I own one of the D-1000 machines and it uses flashcards indeed. But
why? Why does Olympus not use the same smartmedia in the recorder
which is also used in the digital cameras? They are smaller and they
have more memory on board (although that can change with time...)
But standardization would certainly have been nice here.

Frank.