Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:01:17 EST
In a message dated 2/15/99 7:57:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I notice that the shutter curtain on my recently acquired OM4Ti has the
 characteristic random checkerboard pattern indicative of off-the-curtain
 exposure measurement. I was under the (obviously mistaken!) impression that
 when the OM4Ti is not using spot metering, it uses off-the-film exposure
 measurement. So, can anyone tell me under what circumstances the OM4Ti
 measures light off the shutter curtain? >>

The OM-4(Ti) uses OTF/OTC metering in the center-weighted auto mode. How much
of the reading is off-the-film (OTF) or off-the-curtain (OTC) is a function of
shutter speed. For fast shutter speeds (faster than, say, 1/60), most of the
reading is done off-the-curtain. As speeds get slower, a higher percentage of
the reading is integrated off the film instead.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI