Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:37:09 EST
Well done Gary,
For those that seem to want to argue the point,  We (I think Warren Kato?)
came up with a simple test.
1. With your 4T(i) set up for a meter reading so both Manual and Auto agree
and are in the 1/15th sec range with Velvia loaded.
2. In Auto mode - Lock the memory.
3. Expose the frame.  Which memorizes the exposure setting of "that" OTF
exposure.
4. Now view the display and READ the difference.  If my memory serves me
correctly I got +1&1/3 stops.
Bottom line - the OTF meter gives different readings (exposure), with some
films, than OTC metering.
Nuf said!
BW

In a message dated 2/18/99 9:43:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, PCACala@xxxxxxx
writes:
 Here is what I had to say on this:
 >Caution here.  I've been admonished that they might be variation between
 >manufacturing runs.
 >
 >Technique: Spot metering off freshly exposed to light film surface while
film
 >was adjacent to a grey card - which I also read with the angle of metering
 >unchanged between the two.
 >
 >Results:
 >Grey card: f/5,6.9
 >Kodak Gold 100 f/5,6.2
 >Sensia II 200 f/5,6.2
 >Agfa RSX 50 f/5,6.3
 >Kodak Elite II 100 f/5,6.4
 >T Max 100 f/8,0.3
 >Agfacolor HDC 100 f/8,0.3
 >Kodak Gold 800 f/8,0.5
 >Kodak Gold 200 f/8,0.0
 >Kodak Gold 400 f/8,0.1
 >Agfa Scala f/8,0.7
 >Fuji Velvia f/5,6.7
 >Kodak Royal Gold 25 f/8,0.2
 >
 >Note the use of the comma replacement for the decimal in the f stop AND the
 >use of a decimal for tenths of a
 My spot meter displays 1/10 stops, so,
 Grey card: f/5,6.9 versus Kodak Gold 100 f/5,6.2
 means that there was a 0.7 stop difference betwen the two.
 Gary Reese
 Las Vegas, NV >>