Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti OTC metering
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 06:31:37 -0700
At 12:16 PM 15/02/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello fellow Olympians,
>
>I notice that the shutter curtain on my recently acquired OM4Ti has the
>characteristic random checkerboard pattern indicative of off-the-curtain
>exposure measurement. I was under the (obviously mistaken!) impression that
>when the OM4Ti is not using spot metering, it uses off-the-film exposure
>measurement. So, can anyone tell me under what circumstances the OM4Ti
>measures light off the shutter curtain?

Whenever it's estimating the average luminance of a scene (i.e., all the time
when you're not pressing the spot button).  It switches to OTF metering when
the shutter curtain's actually open, unless you've been pressing the spot
button.  Only way the camera can estimate for you without leaving the shutter
curtain open all the time.

Garth