[OM] List traffic

Subject: [OM] List traffic
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:24:01 +0000
At 10:26 28/01/99 GMT, you wrote:
>I am getting concerned about the large number of messages on this
>mailing list, especially about those with no real Olympus content
>other than pointing to auctions held elsewhere.

Agreed.

>pointing each other to 'the cheap lens cover
>in a local shop in Canberra' or 'the not too expensive T-20 at eBay'
>is another thing.

Agreed.

>Or maybe it is time (again) to ask the list members whether the list
>should be split in an Olympus.photography and an Olympus.marketplace
>part....?
>
>Frank van Lindert

I'm in agreement with you Frank on the non-relevance of a lot of list
traffic, especially re Ebay and the like which is of no interest to me
personally. I get more messages in one day from this list than from all the
others to which I subscribe in a week!  But there aren't really that many
FS and WTB posts so I'm not sure spliting the list up in the way you
describe would be useful.  Maybe splitting off Olympus.eBay might be more
helpful...  Or even Olympus.use-of-English ;-)  Of course, the last time
this matter was discussed it in itself led to greatly increased traffic .....

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross, B.Sc, Ph.D, LRPS

RH Designs - fine darkroom equipment