Re: [OM] Macro Items on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Items on ebay
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:13:41 +0000
Frank van Lindert wrote:

> list is already crowded as it is, and everyone interested in eBay
> items (like me) will find his or her way to the auction forum easily
> enough without help.

Fair enough

> But pointing each other to 'the cheap lens cover
> in a local shop in Canberra' or 'the not too expensive T-20 at eBay'
> is another thing.

No it is not, it is service to other list members, like John
Gardner's recent public spirited generosity in finding a stash of OM2 motor
drive
socket covers and a T32 calculator panel and offering them to those in need.

I am sure if you had wanted such items you would have been only too happy to
avail
yourself of John's generosity.

Could it be that you trade in Olympus equipment for profit and are upset that
such
posts might impinge on you business activities?

Having been involved in this list for nearly two years It has been quite
obvious
that an awful lot of gear passes through your hands.

I have nothing against people doing a little commerce - it's a fairly free
world
after all - but if those involved in such commerce get sanctimonious about list
members trying to help each other out with a little information then I think
those
of us not on this list for anything other than intellectual profit have a right
pass comment.

> should be split in an Olympus.photography and an Olympus.marketplace

No, unless you are volunteering to host and run the new list.

Giles