Re: [OM] Macro Items on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Items on ebay
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:34:11 +0000
Frank, I apologise.  I actually agree with you about posts relating to ebay or
auctions.  They are bound to be counter productive given the number of
subscribers
to this list.  Posting about auctions is most likely to serve the interests of
the
seller or mess up another list members chances of getting a bargain.

However, I stand by my belief that informing other list members of things
available
locally that might be of interest to someone else is a service.  I think there
is
usually an unwritten implication that the poster is willing to assist someone
with a
deal if no phone numbers or other contact details are given.

Someone recently pointed out there was a 350mm f2.8 for sale in Oz for
something
like $1200.  I think there would be a few people who might be interested in
such
information and might be interested to know about it.

Giles

All the best from damp Ireland ;-)