Re: [OM] Tamron mount info

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron mount info
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:45:58 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 12:15:11 AM Central Standard Time,
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Well, sorry for taking so long to get my 2 mounts tested.  I did it
 today with my OM-4, and, I'm sorry to say, my results are the opposite
 of the above, i.e. the mount labelled "OL Japan" is the bad one, whereas
 the "ADAPTALL 2 for OLYMPUS OM JAPAN" works fine.

 I don't have a logical explanation why my results are different from
 other Zuiks who tried this.  Hmm, a Tamron mystery ... >>

How about this for a theory: maybe Tamron assembled Olympus adapters from a
"mixed bag" of parts, or did a gradual transition using up some parts before
others, so that the labeling on the mount might not be a 100% accurate guide
to "safety." I'm sure that the two "Japan OL" mounts I have are safe (I've
looked at them several times in the last few days), and also sure that the one
"Adaptall 2" inscribed mount that I had but returned was not safe.

I guess for the time being we'll just have to scrutinize each mount carefully
for screw placement.

Best wishes to all :-)
Greg