Re: [OM] Tamron mount info

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron mount info
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:38:00 EST
In a message dated 1/25/99 8:13:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Thanks to who ever started this information.  I just checked my Tamron
 90f2.5 macro (old SP BBAR MC) and the mount, on the black inside ring is
 written;  OL JAPAN with about 1cm spacing between the writing.  One screw
 head does cross the little black plastic knob/bump on the camera lens mount
 that is located about 1cm below the red dot.  I plan to take preventive
 measures this week. >>

Mike, you have just re-opened the can of worms. The mount inscription you
describe is the inscription of the "newer" mounts, and the screw head of
concern should stop just short of the OM4 plastic reset button. If you look at
the back side of the mount with the red dot at the 12:00 o'clock position, the
"problem screw" should be at about the 4:00 o'clock position and this will
clear the reset button. On the older mounts marked with  "ADAPTALL 2" AND "for
OLYMPUS OM -------- JAPAN" the screw will be at the 3:00 o'clock position, and
WILL foul the reset button.

Regards, Paul Connet