Re: [OM] Tamron mount info

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron mount info
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:56:50 EST
In a message dated 1/25/99 9:17:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, WKato@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< Aha but the newer mounts have the US patent numbers and "Made in Japan"
 stamped into the face of the mount.  I checked and the engraved lettering may
 or may not clear the reset button--it does just barely I think.  Otherwise
 this engraving could also wear down the reset button.  Also I would rather
 have the old mount with some JB Weld in the hole rather than the new one
 because it has a stop down lever that my new one does not.>>

Oops, looks like Tamron slipped another one in on us. I have two of the mounts
marked "OL      JAPAN" in white stencil on black, and neither has any engraved
lettering on the mount face itself. Both of these have the screw at about the
4:00 o'clock position and do not foul the reset button. Both of these mounts
also have the stop down lever. I also have two of the "older" mounts with the
screw at the 3:00 o'clock position, and that screw does foul the reset button.
I have marked the "bad ones" with a touch of red nail polish by the index mark
but maybe your idea of fixing the screw with epoxy is better. I have a lot of
Tamron glass ( I like their "macro" facilities on several of the zooms), and
switch mounts a lot, so should fix the bad ones. Thanks to all for this
thread.
Regards, Paul C.