Re: [OM] Tamron mount info

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron mount info
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:09:09 -0800

Greg McGrath wrote:

>How about this for a theory: maybe Tamron assembled Olympus adapters from a
>"mixed bag" of parts, or did a gradual transition using up some parts before
>others, so that the labeling on the mount might not be a 100% accurate guide
>to "safety." I'm sure that the two "Japan OL" mounts I have are safe, and
>also sure that the "Adaptall 2" inscribed mount was not safe.

This is certainly a possibility.  The 2 mounts I have certainly differ in
their screw positioning.

>I guess for the time being we'll just have to scrutinize each mount carefully
>for screw placement.

Someone (I believe it was Sal Piro?) posted a couple of Adaptall ring
picts on the Web.  Regrettably, I did not bookmark it.  Can someone pls
post the URL again?  TIA.

Craig Henrikson wrote:

>Gary, Gary, Gary -- IMHO you have it backwards :-).  My "Adaptall 2 for
>Olympus OM Japan" is one of the bad ones.  I suggest you check again.

I did check again, and I stand by my original post.  Sorry to disrupt
what looked like a neat theory for good/bad mount ID.  This may not be
as simple as checking the inscription.  Greg's above assumption may
actually be on the money.  Tomorrow, I'll call Tamron USA.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx