Re: [OM] [OT] HP (was:Need advice: Slide scanner?)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] HP (was:Need advice: Slide scanner?)
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:32:05 -0600
On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 12:30:44PM +0000, Richard Ross wrote:
> It seems to me that HP's software is in general the achilles heel of their
> products.  The s/w for my Laserjet 5L printer is rubbish, it's forever
> crashing and/or not doing what I ask it to (on several PCs, so it's not
> h/w, and with both WIn 3 and 95) and my colleague has terrible trouble with
> his HP CD writer.

Hm. I have both a LaserJet 5L and a CD writer (the 6020i internal SCSI), and
they've both worked flawlessly. I've also been as much a fan of HP
calculators as I have Olympus cameras for about as long.

The PhotoSmart looks like the scanner of choice, as long as you get VueSmart
as well; at $299 after rebate, it's the best deal going - as long as it
works, of course.