RE: [OM] Need advice: Slide scanner?

Subject: RE: [OM] Need advice: Slide scanner?
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:27:15 -0600
Claes,

There's a magazine by Popular Photography on the newsstands now entitled
"Photo Information Handbook" that has a pretty comprehensive article on
film scanners, pros/cons, resolutions, prices, etc.  Prices seem to be
manageable until you get into the APS format capability.

Addressing the slide/flatbed scanner issue, seems to me that, all things
(i.e. slide/flatbed scanners) being equal, the further you get from the
original material (the slide), the greater the loss of detail, etc.

Note that most slide scanners to negatives as well, eliminating the need
for a print.

Wanting a slide scanner myself,

Dave