Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 08:14:16 -0500
At 06:04 PM 1/15/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Keith (R.K.) Berry wrote:
>
>> Twenty years ago the only extras I would have liked to have seen is
>> confirmation in the viewfinder that the body is being held perfectly level,
>> both horizontally and fore and aft, but AFAIK no one has yet provided
>> something that useful.
>
>The only bodies I know, which have an built in level in the finder, are
>panoramic cameras either the swinglens type (Horizont, Noblex) or the
>fixed lens type (Linhof).

I would say that if holding the camera perfectly horizontal or vertical is
a problem, and I've found that tendency in myself, it can be solved by use
of a grid screen. Also Hama and others make bubble levels that fit in the
hot shoe.

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com