Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:16:55 -0500
>>Right now I can't take certain pictures because
I don't want to throw good money after bad on the necessary
lens. Regardless of one's feelings towards Nikon and their
equipment, it is a fact that there is a healthy market in
Nikon lenses. I suspect anyone paying the AUD $1220 for
a new Zuiko 100mm f2.8 might take a bath if they ever had
to exit the OM system. Whereas a 90mm Tamron *macro* lens
in Nikon AF mount costs less new ($910 in Adaptall, probably
the same in AF), can probably be found used anyway, and is
readily saleable - not that Nikon are likely to abandon
their mount.>>

To expound further, I checked B&H on some lenses...

If you look at both the AIS 24 2.8, and the Zuiko 24 2.8, both sell new at
identical prices, $349.95.

Both seem to sell used at dealers right around $300.

So they both hold their value equally well.

And of course the Zuiko has that svelte package, and maybe a bit better
optical quality as well!

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com