Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:41:02 +1100
Keith (R.K.) Berry wrote:

> Twenty years ago the only extras I would have liked to have seen is
> confirmation in the viewfinder that the body is being held perfectly level,
> both horizontally and fore and aft, but AFAIK no one has yet provided
> something that useful.

*Very* good idea, providing you can turn it off (it would tend
to blink in normal usage).

For tripod shots you can use a circular bubble spirit level of the
kind that used to be used for record turntables. On the OM-4 and
OM-2SP, sit it on top of the hot shoe. On the OM-1 (2) use the film
speed (exposure compensation) dial, providing your camera's mint
enough. A project for a winter's evening is to glue a bracket
to the bottom of the spirit level so it securely fits in the
hotshoe.

I lost mine and took 5 years to find another, in a place that
sells building tools.