Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:52:02 EST
Denton writes:

> And however the net affects pricing of used gear, no doubt it will affect
>  Oly and Nikon the same way, no?

Doesn't seem to be equal, Denton.  I can't claim to be a student of Nikon
pricing, but I'm seeing comparable Zuiko's selling for more than a comparable
Nikkor's.  Supply vs. demand, I reckon.  Considering that Zuikos were
historically priced below comparable Nikkors, that says Zuiko have appreciated
in value better.  Some Zuikos have had fabulous appreciation over their late
1980's prices, after adjusting for inflation.  They include the 16mm, the
18mm, the 35mm Shift, the 40mm, the 80mm Auto.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV