Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:51:09 -0500

*- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Bob Sull wrote:
>
> > You have to admit that, IMHO, that is an unusual way to buy something.
>
>   Not really. Ever stand in a "Returns" line in a retail store ?
>   This sort of thing happens all the time.
>
>                                *= Doris Fang =*

Welcome back Doris.....

A retail store return line can have a multitude of reasons for returns in
it.
    A gift.  My spouse bought this and it wasn't quite what I wanted/needed.

    Etc

I once bought some surplus commercial radio gear for a pet project.  When
I got it home it was the wrong stuff and not usable for the project.  I
didn't
"beat up" the gear but I learned then that I should be a bit more careful
when
I see a "bargain".  Perhaps Frank, and all of us, have learned to look at
what
we are buying after this experience.

Bob

--