Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:46:52 EST
Doris writes:

> I always hear people say they use "grass"
>  (no, not THAT way, geez) as the "midtone", but has anyone measured
>   reflectance in grasses, across the seasons and varieties thereof ?

When I can find it, it's yellow and about Zone IV  :-)

I used an average of a highlight and a shadow reading almost all the time with
my 4x5.  Gives me many more keeping among color trannies than would averaging!
It is especially the case when more than half the subject is shadow or more
than half highlight.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV