Re: [OM] t8/t10 ring flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] t8/t10 ring flashes
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:23:41 +0000
I am not sure, if you mean the same thing I do, but the POL filter is a
cross POL filter which means, that the light source (the ring flash itself)
is polarized in one direction and the light reflected from the object,
which goes through the lens onto the film surface is then polarized
orthogonally to the illuminating light. In this way, every reflection on
the object of the photo will be eliminated, the surfaces of the objects get
matte and the colours get deep. The pictures look artificial in a way.
Matthias

Thanks.
Very erudite, haven't seen any results, has anyone got one for sale?

Richard