Re: [OM]Bright Screens

Subject: Re: [OM]Bright Screens
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:11:04 +0000
So I was interested when I found a mention of new _Olympus_ (not
Beattie) brighter screens. Has anyone used them? I'll be making a
trip to the local O. repair center soon, and I'll ask, but I trust the
wisdom of this list more. Thanks.

There has been quite a discussion about the relative merits of the new
screens, vs the
Beattie vs the old.

In my experience the new Oly screen (2-13 fitted to my OM4TI when it first
came out) is well worth the investment. You can still see a reasonable
image when using DOF preview at small apertures. Wide open it is very
bright.

Haven't used it on anything longer than a 135 though.

Regards
Richard