Re: [OM] Online auction editorial (Off topic)

Subject: Re: [OM] Online auction editorial (Off topic)
From: "c.e. packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 08:55:40 -0600
Doris Fang -
    Good advice to the novice used equipment buyer.
I tend to stay away from the pawn shops. Around where I live, most of them see a
name
(Olympus, Nikon, Carl Zeiss...) and jack the price beyond reason. Most times
haggling with the
clerk for a better price isn't worth the effort. Or maybe they see a "sucker"
when they look at me.
Garage/estate sales, even flea markets put on by churches and schools are the
best bets for good
prices.
By the way what is "hondeling" ?
- Another scrounger