Re: [OM] Online auction editorial

Subject: Re: [OM] Online auction editorial
From: "Frank Costa" <red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:59:04 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Scj9000@xxxxxxx <Scj9000@xxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, December 01, 1998 1:48 PM

>Frank,
>As much as I "feel your pain".....and have been there myself,  simply 'tis
the

I just love "condescending quotes"

>nature of the beast and I concur with Lee totally.  Methinks you are
ranting
>out of disappointment that perhaps you underestimated your bid. Lesson??
Edge

I don't believe I was ranting, but I was dissapointed. I was emphasizing an
underhanded
technique, and I still think it's underhanded.

>it a little higher next time and go for the win! And don't equate the word
>"auction" with the word "deal"...I personally have had much better 'luck'
>dealing with the members of this group than any of my many Ebay
transactions.
>Susan
If I didn't go to an "auction" for  a "deal", I might as well pay the full
used price from a
camera store. But you hit the nail on one point, it's much more pleasureable
dealing with
members of the list.