Re: [OM] Online auction editorial

Subject: Re: [OM] Online auction editorial
From: "Marco" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 4 Dec 98 18:22:50 +0100
On Mar, 1 dic 1998 18:25, Frank Costa <mailto:red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>have it, or so I thought, there were 4 auctions going for this item at the
>same time, so I assumed I'd be able to snatch one under $150 without too
big
>a headache. How wrong I was. It seems that the typical modus operandi is
>this:

Try bidding $165 on an MC exc+ one and $135 for a SC exc+sample. Add $15 at
least for the case.  I also have been bidding like you on this item and for
that amount, but I do think it is "ebaylued" a bit more than my-your limit.
My bidding behaviour is this:  I place my bid for what I think it is a exc.
bargain. The day after I look again and if I result outbidded I think about
a bit and bid again for a fair price *only if I am very interested*. Since
I never or rarely bid on 2 days' items, this is all I do. Last minute
bidding is not a recommended practice, imho. If you bid this way on all the
items of your interest, you will end with some fair buyings per week. (per
year if your interest is on Olymus only.)

Marco