Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness

Subject: Re: [OM] More eBay crazyness
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:13:58 EDT
Hi Jim:

> I thought this was just common practice . . . This has happened dozens of
times.

Internet based buying and selling is based on a degree of trust which is much
higher than that necessary in traditional retail sales.  Someone who is
skirting the rules to save a 5 0sting fee may not be someone you want to
send a check or money order to sight unseen!  Nor might others trust that
person.

As far as ethics issues, those are for each individual to decide on their own.
When I'm poorly treated as a customer, I'm much happier in walking away from
the deal than in any pleasure I'd get at having bought something but having
been taken for a sucker.

The world is a much smaller place than some might believe.  Getting ahead on
questionable ethics may just end up haunting that same person later on.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV